Friday, May 14, 2010

the Turtle Room

at the Thanksgiving Point museum has ALWAYS brought my children to tears. Seriously. I don't know why, but that big sea turtle skeleton swooping down from the ceiling right when you walk into the undersea room freaks them out and they cry, cling to me, ask me to carry them, scream and all that. We've always rushed thru that room straight to the Jaws room. Yeah, Jaws doesn't scare them, but a turtle skeleton does. Go figure.

But NO more. We took the kids there the other night for FHE and both kids informed me that they weren't scared. I didn't believe it, but sure enough as we approached the room both kids walked in, looked at the turtle and didn't freak out. Berlin only asked to hold my hand and walk quickly, but no tears were shed. Yay for breakthroughs!

Here they are playing in the water. Berlin is always a mess afterwards - soaking wet and full of sand. But they love it so.



Ryan drew pictures of each of them as a dinosaur. Can you see the resemblance?


No comments: