Monday, June 23, 2008

Ode to Bear Lake

"I love you, I love you, Oh how I love you."

I know it's totally lame and probably not even a true "ode", but it sums it up. We opened the cabin the beginning of June and went back up this past weekend for a long stay (well, not long, but longer than usual as Ry took Fri off work so we could go up Thurs night). And what a blast it was. The weather was awesome, the beach wasn't crowded Fri or Sun, we had a nice hike in the mountains, Frisbee in the park with Ryan, leisurely walks, and the Raspberry Shakes from Hometown (yes, Hometown is my fave - sorry La Beau's lovers!) were to die for!

Here are the kids playing down at the water. I would have taken more pics of the whole weekend, however my battery was dead after the first day at the beach thanks to all the wonderful pictures Finn took (see previous post). This is the first year Finley really took to the water. It's FREEZING right now, but he didn't care one bit. He loved getting in, throwing Bentley his ball or Frisbee, and chasing/splashing Ryan and I. He was so cute with Ryan building sandcastles (Ryan built, Finley destroyed with buckets of water).

Berlin however, didn't love the sand. She did alright at first but soon decided she didn't like the dirt on her legs, feet, or hands, and she freaked out the minute any of it got on her. She much preferred feeding Bentley her goldfish crackers and of course Bentley didn't mind one bit. Bentley found a new best friend in Berlin as she fed him everything all weekend long.

It was a great weekend and I am so grateful to be able to spend time up there - minus the rotting dead deer carcass back behind the cabin and the gazillion mosquitoes (they have yet to spray). These I can do without. Never-the-less, oh how I LOVE Bear Lake!!!


3 comments:

Shelby said...

How fun! I wish I was closer and we could sneak over on a weekday! And Raspberry Shakes . . . . my FAVORITE!!~

Our Family of 6 said...

Keegan and Finn could have a sandcastle destroying contest...although Finn might win simply because he'll at least let a whole castle be built first before destroying it. We get one bucket of sand filled up and Keegan is stomping all over it like Godzilla (totally my fault for showing him how to use his feet instead of just his hands). I just wish we were closer so we could make it happen.

valerie said...

My favorite by far is Berlin freaking out on the blanket to being happy feeding Bentley. So funny how quickly their moods change. The pictures are adorable!