Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Crafts week 2 - Reindeer Antlers

Reindeer Antlers:
This was a great craft for keeping them entertained for a long time. We watched some friends kids and they were over when we did this one. The first round they decorated them with eyes and buttons and a couple pom-poms, but they kept going back to them and adding more and more stuff. Berlin's are so heavy now, they barely stand up :) But I think they turned out pretty cute, and the kids, well, just see for yourself.



To make them, just free-hand draw some basic antler form (like Finn's) on brown paper. Then glue them to a headband (I had some on hand so that's what we did) or you can use elastic/string. Berlin wanted her antlers fuller so we did the basic ones like Finn, but then traced her hands, cut them out, and glued them on. You could do this as many times as you want depending how full you want your antlers.

They think they are pretty hot too. Seriously, could they be any cheesier? I LOVE it!





2 comments:

Our Family of 6 said...

I love their poses. Your kids seriously crack me up. Keegan keeps asking when we are going to go and visit Finley and his mom and little girl (Berlin...he hasn't grasped the concept of a sister yet, I guess). It's pretty cute. He thinks it's just a quick trip to go and visit. Maybe I can pull something together soon.

valerie said...

are those TROUSER jeans on berlin
oh my goodness