This was my inspiration, but I only wanted one row of flowers instead of two, and I didn't want buttons or a "closure" system. With our trees stand we can slip it on before we assemble the tree so no need to have button closures. And, since our tree is such a hodge-podge of ornaments (most are German ornaments from Ryan's mother or that we bought in Germany a few years back) it's very colorful. Thus, I went with a basic cream to keep it from being too busy.
I originally started by hand-cutting all the flower petals. After
I'm very happy with it, though my now stiff fingers are VERY very grateful that it's all done. I hand stitched each flower together (each flower has 6-7 layers) and then glued it to the edge of the fleece with my trusty hot-glue gun.
2 yards of fleece = $6.40
Time to make:
1 hour of cutting the skirt and die-cutting all the flowers
about 1 hour to hand-stitch the flowers together
15 minutes to glue them on
(all these steps were spread across a couple days)