Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whatcha doing Boo?

I caught Berlin standing on the toy bins & shelves today. When I asked her what she was doing she grunted, "I reading and POOPing!"  Sure enough she was.  Awwwww ... the honesty! Here she is caught in the act!

 

The last couple weeks have been busy, but I finally got a few minutes last night to finish this little dress for Berlin.  I took a dress apart that I bought from gymboree on clearance last year (tag says 2T). Style was darling, but the fabric was atrocious - denim & sunflowers - need I say more? Anywhoo, I used that as my pattern. Guess I should have tried the dress on Berlin BEFORE I took it apart to see if it fit. But I didn't and when the new dress was all sewn and done, it was HUGE! Berlin was so disappointed when she couldn't wear it to church today. I was tempted to try it on Finley to see if it fit his size, but held back, cause that would just be weird wouldn't it? I wouldn't want him to hold it against me for the rest of my life.  So it will be added to Boo's 3T box of clothes that I'm hoping will fit her next year. I love the pintuck bib - my fave part (each of the 5 rows is made up of 4 tiny pleats). I made all the tiny rows of pintucks myself - a first for me. There is also an inverted pleat down the front and crocheted trim along the mustard trim. I love the retro look & feel to the poppy fabric (mustard yellow has always been a fave color of mine). What do you think?

PS: I'll try and piece back the original dress later this week so you can what the original looked like. 

 

3 comments:

Celeste said...

That is CUTE!!!!! I am madly in LOVE with that fabric!

Sugar & Spice said...

Super cute!!! Can't wait to see her in it!

valerie said...

the dress turned out soo cute!
way better than that awful denim sunflower get up :)