To my little Finn:
1. I love that you love having me tickle your back & arms when we snuggle on the couch.
2. I love your crazy european hair, even when daddy thinks it's too long and needs a trim.
3. I love your big big eyes & pouty lips. Though everyone seems to think you are the spitting image of your dad, these two features come from me.
4. I laugh when you fake cry over something and you stick your pouty lips out and force them to quiver for added emphasis.
5. I love that you are such a good friend and that you will play (for the most part) with anyone - even your little sister who sometimes annoys you.
6. I love that you tell Berlin that she must share her snacks & treats with you, but somehow the rules change when she asks you to share with her. Hmmm.
7. I love your imagination and the silly games & stories you make up and share with me.
8. I love sitting with you at breakfast and listening to you tell me about your dreams.
9. I love it when you say prayers and how personal you make them.
10. I love that you and Bentley are buddies and that you love to throw the ball for him & play with him.
11. I love the silly songs you sing & hum all day (thanks to dad for creating such fun songs).
12. I envy your memory and your ability to remember the most minute details that I have often overlooked.
13. I love how blanky & scruffy are your dearest possessions - still.
14. I love that you love to snuggle & read books with me.
15. You melt my heart when I walk into a room to find you playing tea-party with Berlin, or sharing your star wars paraphenelia with her, destroying monsters, sword fighting, cooking in the kitchen, reading her books - even the girly princess ones, and more. She may not tell you, but you are the BEST brother and you are so sweet to her (most of the time).
16. You brighten my day when you run over & hug me immediately upon seeing me enter your preschool. I hope you'll always be that happy to see me - even when you're 20.
17. I love watching you try new things, like the way you jumped (literally) right into your tumbling class and have LOVED it ever since.
18. I love tromping around the backyard & field looking for monsters & bad guys to shoot. Discovering new bugs & worms as you help me weed the flower garden and plant new flowers.
19. I love it when you say that dad is your bestest friend. Then mommy, then Berlin. I pray that never changes.
20. I love hearing you shout, "Hey mom! I went poo on the potty!" It's music to my ears.