Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Growing Up

So yesterday was Finley's official FIRST day of pre-school without Ryan or I there. As I took him to class, helped him hang up his backpack, wash his hands, then find an activity to do while the other kids checked in, there were 3 other little boys crying for their parents. Finn was just looking at me like, "What the heck is their problem?" It was pretty funny actually. But as I left and walked back to my car, I found myself fighting back tears. It only lasted a couple minutes, but I realized that it was harder than I thought it would be. He just seemed so grown up and it made me a little sad thinking about how fast the last 3 1/2 years have gone by.

Here he is all grown up with his big boy backpack in the front yard and then playing while the other kids checked in.

1 comment:

hoopesfam5 said...

He is growing up so quickly...the time is flying by way too fast! I hope he enjoys his preschool class - I am sure he won't have any problems making friends...unless the other kids get jealous about how totally awesome Finn is. Oh, and the pics of Boo in her boots...totally adorable. Love you guys!