Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Fleeting Fall

For some it was a wonderful sight. For me, I could hardly keep the tears from pouring down my cheeks. Winter is definitely not my favorite season. I am just not ready for Fall to fade away into Winter so fast. Boo-hoo on Mother Nature. This is what we woke up to this past Sunday morning at 8:00 am. It snowed most the day off and on. Luckily by Monday it was pretty much all gone - atleast at the house. You could still see some on the mountains however for a few days.


Guess this means I should get a head start on my Christmas Shopping. Though Winter isn't my favorite season, Christmas is by far my most FAVORITE holiday. I love the shopping, the wrapping of gifts, and the giving. Receiving is good, but there's just something about giving a gift to someone else. Especially your hubby & kids. And I love decorating the house for Christmas. So I guess if Winter brings me that much closer to Christmas, then bring it on. I'll combat the chills with lots of Stephen's Peppermint Candycane hot cocoa, Peppermint Tea, and snuggling under quilts.

No comments: