Sunday, April 29, 2012

Birthday Boy - the Big 7

Wah! My boy is 7 and I'm kinda freaking out about it. Where has the time gone? His special day started off like any other day. But once he was off to school, and after taking Berlin to tumbling, dance, and the neighborhood play group I finally got the chance to decorate his room with balloons and streamers for when he came home.



I also took donuts up to his classroom for his special birthday treat. For dinner he choose Spaghetti Factory, then we came home for birthday cake (lemon jello bundt cake) and presents.

 
 

 YAY for SEVEN!!!


 

  
 

This year was an "off" year for a party, but he really wanted to do something, so we invited his 3 buddies over for some pizza and a movie with popcorn and candy. They played, ate, played, watched part of the movie, played, ate, watched some more movie, played some more, then finished the movie. They had such a blast. We had a hard time getting them wrangled up in the car to take them home cause they just wanted to keep playing. Sorry parents that it ended up being such a late night :)


Just a few things I've loved about Finley this past year:


1. Watching him read to Berlin. Not only is he a good reader, but he is such a good big brother. 
2. He's become quite a little fish. This is a big change from years past. He loves to swim and be in the water.
3. Finley is a rule follower when it comes to school. He is so polite and kind at school. I hope that continues to be the case.
4. He writes the funniest comic book strips. Some day I will sneak the book out of his room and take some pictures. They are awesome.
5. He is getting more confident on the soccer field and is blossoming into a great little player. 
6. He is a good helper at home. He will make his bed and Berlin's bed. He helps with the dishes and is getting better and keeping his room cleaned up and putting his laundry away. 
7. Salmon and shrimp have been added to meat as his favorite foods. He's funny this way. If it's meat he'll eat it without questioning it (duck, chicken hearts, he tries and loves it all). Vegetables are the total opposite. He hates all vegetables no matter how they are cooked, seasoned, or covered. However, he knows he has to eat them at dinner, even if it takes all night (and sometimes it does). 
8. He is goofy. So very goofy.
9. My favorite thing is when he comes and snuggles with me on the couch in the morning before school when we have a few minutes to spare. I love it. I will hold onto these moments because I know it won't always last.
10. Knock-knock jokes. He loves to make them up and share them with us at the dinner table. Most of the time there is no punch-line, but that's what makes them so great.

I have been blessed with many things, but I really do count the kids as my greatest blessing of all. Finley is such a joy in our home and I am so glad happy that he is ours. I just love this guy so much. 
Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments: