1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
- Beetles Rock band (Wii)
- a Serger - my sewing machine is great, but I want an upgrade
- a finished basement (our remodel is now almost 3 months behind) with a new washer and dryer
- a new car that holds more than 2 kid carseats - a girl can dream right?
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
- a blanket that my mother crocheted when my daughter was born
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
- There's two: 1- make those old-fashioned silhouettes of my children for the grandparents. I just have no idea how to do them or where to start. 2 - build my daughter a doll house
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
- My red-haired, green-eyed, freckle faced Cabbage Patch kid. It's one of the few Christmas gifts I remember getting as a child.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
- My son - a voice changer Darth Vader Helmet or anything Star Wars, an outdoor fort/playset with a big tunnel slide like at McDonalds
- My daughter - a princess cape, princess play-doh, and a real Cinderella with all her mice to come live with us (we definitely have the mice in our back field - check!)
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
- My grandma Ila's rolls, peppermint tea, and Rolladen (a meat dish I was introduced to by my German husband. I make it for us every Christmas with sauerkraut and red cabbage)
- a Christmas banner for over the fireplace
- some monster finger puppets to go with the children's book my hubby illustrated
- trying to get some more felt food made for the kiddos
- modge podged clothespin magnets for the neighborhood gifts
- a felted pin cushion for my new pearlized leaf sewing pins
- a few Christmas gifts that I can't reveal (or else It would ruin the surprise)
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
- the old "Year without a Santa Claus" movie. We watch it all the time.
9. Favorite holiday song?
- I don't have one favorite song. But my favorite holiday album is by Sufjan Stevens (Songs for Christmas)
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
- snuggling up on the couch with nothing but the light of the Christmas tree, peppermint tea, a good book (or movie), and my hubby near by
- Building snowmen with the kids - it makes me feel like a kid again
- Sewing/Crafting. I get super crafty around the holidays and love seeing the finished products
Tag ... Your it!
I want to know how you'd respond to the same questions above -- no pressure ;)