Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"To market, to market ....

... to by a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggety-jig-jig."

Last weekend we took the kids to the SLC Farmers Market downtown. Despite the heat, it was so much fun to pick out squash, zucchini, corn on the cob, basil, and fresh artisan bread for the coming week. Not only was the produce CHEAP, but it tasted so good. And the fresh squeezed limeade we drank to cool down made all the walking worth-while. And there were a couple booths that had great wares to buy (which of course I did). Here's some of the fun finds:

Cake stand (actually a vintage china plate mounted on top of a vintage wine glass). The little girls (little being around 12 years old) making these were so cute and I had to get one because yes, I will be making some of these in the near future. It's a great excuse to scour the vintage china stores here in Sugarhouse.

I also got a cute ponytail holder and little wallet/pouch for my ipod shuffle from another local gal who sells on etsy (Susan at Freshly Picked) and has a booth at the market. I bought some tools to do these ponytail holders for Berlin out of my scrap fabric, but it was nice to see one in person rather than just pics online.


I didn't get this apron at the market, but the cute gal I bought it from has an etsy store (
Victoria White & Co), has a booth at the market so I dropped by to say hi and say thanks. Her stuff is amazing so be sure to check her etsy store out. She was so sweet to give Berlin the polka dot bib for free.

So, hooray for the Farmer's Market. I am hoping that we'll be able to go a few more times this summer/fall. Of course, next time, we'll get there right at 8am instead of 11am.

No comments: