Friday, May 9, 2008

Just Playin' Around

Finley and Berlin have always been the best of playmates, but this past week they have been more so than usual. Finley got a Dr's kit for his bday and he loves to check everyone's heart atleast two times a day. Berlin especially LOVES being the patient and she is so good for him. It's super cute to see them play together like this. Ryan asked Finley this evening what he wanted to be when he got older and he replied he wanted to be a Robot and a Daddy. When Ryan clarified and asked what he wanted to do for work when he got older Finley replied, "A Doctor, so I can help peoples hearts." All I can say is that if he chooses that path down the road, he'd be great! Maybe I should have splurged on a real stethoscope where you could actually hear the heart?



We had some downtime today while Berlin was taking her afternoon nap so we pulled out an extra build-a-bot kit I had made for his bday goodie bags a few weeks back. He had so much fun eating, I mean building his robot. Here's some cute pics of him building & then playing with it.

(below) Making his robot dance while singing Body Movin' by Beastie Boys.


As I mentioned in a previous post, Finley has taken to dressing himself. This is a picture of the outfit he put together yesterday for our trip to Target. And yes, I let him go out in public like this - soccer shin guards and all (note: there is a red slinky on his arm under the silver dryer vent).


Berlin has also mastered eating by herself. Ok, mastered is an exaggeration, but she no longer allows us to feed her. She wants to do it herself and with silverware (especially forks0. Her favorite food is yogurt (also the messiest) but she likes her Mac-n-Cheese too. I, of course, HATE the cleanup.

And finally, a huge shout out to Grandma & Grandpa Leach for this SUPER FUN birthday present that kept Finley entertained for 2 hours this afternoon. I think the look on his face shows just how much he LOVES the gift. Thanks so much - it's perfect for him. And a HUGE thanks from me as it gave me 2 hours of time to do 4 loads of laundry this afternoon.

No comments: