Saturday, June 2, 2012

Music to my ears

Finley starts piano lessons this next week and we are SUPER excited. I took lessons for a couple years when I was younger, but quit. Looking back I wish I had continued - oh the fickleness of youth. And since Ryan never played we obviously didn't have a piano of our own. So the past couple months I have been scouring KSL classifieds for a beginner piano that would fit our needs and budget. Stressful and intimidating is how I would describe the process. I like the older Spinets/consoles like this ...




while Ryan prefers the upright grands. Guess who won out? 

Here's our new piano all polished up and ready to go. It's hard to show it in the pictures cause the lighting is so bad in our living room, but it has this pretty reddish glow to it. Eventually we are going to paint it a fun color but for now, it suits us just fine.


Oh, and the sound is really good too - which I guess is just kinda important :)


The price was great and it looks lovely in our home. And the kids love it. They were fighting over who gets to play it ... and that's fighting I can handle.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE this piano! You are so lucky to have found a decent one on KSL for a good price. Good luck with all the lessons!