Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Zoo memberships and playdates with "Birth" cousins. As far as family memberships go, the zoo is by far my favorite (and it's the best deal). We use it ALL the time. This week we made an effort to see the elephant show with Christie (our elephant whose preggars and due in August - yay for baby elephants!), and the penguin show (they were just getting fed and doing tricks in the water). 5 hours later, we came home EXHAUSTED!


2. For fun playdates with Leach cousins: lunch at Rubios, playing in the pool, bounce houses.

3. Catching up with my sister. I love it.

4. Libraries. I love not spending money on books & children's dvd's anymore. And the children's activities that are FREE and super fun - yeah, it's pretty great.

5. Good books. No, make that EXCELLENT books:
I just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. By far one of the best books I've read in a really really long time. I finished the last couple chapters this morning and I was crying so hard for an hour. My poor kids were like - what the heck is wrong with you mom? Now, onto the 4 others I have sitting waiting for their turn to be read. I think I'll read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn next.

No comments: