Here are 20-ish things that I love about my birthday Boo:
1. I love the silly faces & giggles you make when you know we are watching you. You are very dramatic & expressive.
2. I love the way you whisper your little prayers at night or at the dinner table, so softly that it requires supersonic hearing to understand them.
3. I love the way you grab my face and tell me, "mama, no more talking" because you want my undivided attention as you chatter on and on. (Berlin is a talker!).
4. I love the way you manage to take your pants, socks & diaper off (a gazillion times a day) and think nothing of prancing around the house in nothing but Baby Legs & a shirt.
5. I love the way you demand a hug & kisses before you'll consider laying down in your crib to go to bed. Not so sure I love the 100 books I have to read, the 100 princess songs I have to sing, and the 100 dolls you demand in your crib.
6. I love the way you break into song (Sleeping Beauty of course) whenever you see something pink, princessey, or something that resembles Prince Philip.
7. I love the way you play with my hair and rub my cheek when we snuggle on the couch and watch a movie.
8. I love that you love your brother and that you love playing and reading books with him. I love when I hear you say, "Wait for me Finley, wait!" I love that you think Star Wars, Robots, & Trains rock. I love that you can hold your own with Finley in a light saber fight, or while slaying dragons together, or while WWF wrestling on the floor. I love when you say, "whoa, whoa, whoa," as you wave the light saber around and then fall on the ground and cry, "I died, oh, I died!" I pray that you two will always be the best of friends.
9. I love the way you say, "I like the pink" to anything that's pink, even if it's the ugly dress of Cinderella's mean step-sister.
10. I love the strong & sassy attitude you throw around these days. It shows you have spunk & personality. I (and Ryan) love when you say, "Don't SHHHH me mom!" and "Let me WALK!" whenever we go somewhere.
11. I love when you put on your backpack and get a blanket in each hand then say, "I ready to go now mom."
12. I love when you stick both feet up your nose, wrinkle your face and say, "I got stinky feet. Yuck." and then so proudly say, "I smell dem!" with a big grin on your face.
13. I love how articulate & chatty you are for a 2-year old. It brings a smile to my face when I hear you converse with your dolls & toys as if you were an adult.
14. I love how the first thing you say when I get you in the morning or after a nap is, "I not stinky mom, not stinky."
15. I love that you are an adventureous eater; that you love pickles, like they are going out of style; that you can eat an entire flat of raspberries and then ask for more; that you will opt for steak, chicken, tomatoes, apples, corn, pink grapefruit and all the good stuff instead of mac N cheese.
16. I love when you just stand on your princess scooter (that's too tall for you) and say, "I'm riding my scooter, I'm riding!" despite the fact that you haven't budged.
17. I love that you love Bentley and that you find joy in giving him endless hugs, dragging him around the house, checking his teeth, kissing his nose, trying to ride him like a pony, and of course when you put your flower blanket on his head and screamt, "a ghost! WoooOOoo!" And Bentley on cue obliges you and sways his head up & down, back & forth, really looking like a ghost and you squeal with delight. I love when you tuck Bentley into bed, which consists of you laying with him on his dog bed and putting your blanket over the two of you.
18. We love your rocker hair, your rockin' booty shake, the way you sway your hips & body while playing Wii Fit soccer, just to immediately bail off the board.
19. I love in church when you get possesive of your church books and scream, "I want my Jesus," and "Where Lehi went?"
20. I love that you love me. The hundred times a day that I hear, "I love you mom" never gets old.
Here is a glimpse of the last year of her life in review.