Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring is coming...

Or so I keep telling myself. We had a day of snow last week which I am hoping is our last until next winter. I'm taking the sign of the scattered rain showers as a sign that Spring is here at last. If I go by the pretty tulips and daffodils that are beginning to come up, then I should be right. Which means HOORAY!!!!!!!!

These are just some fun pic of the kids having fun together. I count myself blessed to have 2 kids who really do love & adore each other. When we were at the children's museum last week, this little girl came toddling up to Berlin and was ready to push her when Finn ran over and put his arms out shouting, "No, don't touch her!" It was super cute and it warmed my heart. He is so good at watching out for his little sis whom he's taken to calling, Itty Bitty Boo.



Finley is also gearing up for the summer and lots of time in Patrick's pool. I told him that this summer he has to get his head & face wet. Last year he HATED getting wet which made pool-time less than fun for me. He's always been weird about water in his face - even bathtime is one long screaming ordeal whenever it's time to rinse his hair. So we got him some of his very own goggles with the hope that they'll make the pool (and bath) more fun. Of course, since getting them, he loves to wear them all day long, both inside and outside. We went to a birthday party today for a friend of mines little boy in our ward, and he refused to take them off. So he wore them on our walk over there and on our walk back. He only took them off at the party when I lied and said some of the other kids might like them and try to take them. Berlin even thinks they are pretty fun.





This month Finley also got to go to our local firestation. If you ask him what he fell in love with, he'll tell you it was the fire pole. He was hooked after the first 2 firemen slid down and he kept jumpin up and down saying, "It's my turn now! Mommy it's my turn now!" He was very sad when I told him he was way too little for the pole. But he cheered up when I said he could have his picture taken by it. We didn't get a chance to see the trucks because all 3 were out on calls (one left as we were walking up to the fire station and he thought that was cool as the lights were flashing and horns blasting). We'll just have to go back again and hope for a less busy day. But he loved it none-the-less and it was a great way to spend a rainy morning.



Berlin's new thing is animals. She LOVES all toys, books, movies, etc that have to do with animals. She screams doggy anytime she sees Bentley and after greeting Ryan when he comes home from work, that's the first place she goes. She knows he will finally be there (after looking for him all day long). Her favorite animal sounds are Ruff and Quack and she will happily say them for anyone, along with Moo, Bok Bok, and Neigh. She is such a chatterbox - an animated one at that. She is constantly chatting me up with little gibberish and her expressions are so funny. She definitely knows what she's saying (even if I don't). She loves to talk on any phone and will say "hi Daddy" as if he is on the other line. Her little girl side is coming out too as she can spot a necklace or bracelet from a mile away and she can put them on and take them off all by herself - in fact, if I try to help, she gets really upset. I just love this stage where they come into their own and their little personality starts to show. She also loves Buzz Lightyear and can often be found trying to take Finn's away from him. The first few times it was cute, now it's not so as Finn screams. But she will actually pick up buzz and make him fly in the air whilst saying. "Fffshhh." Here she is loving the picture Ryan drew with Finley (Finn drew Buzz's anti-gravity belt) after she saw Finley pushing the laser button on his arm. Monkey see, Monkey doo is the rule of thumb in our house right now - all the way down to temper-tantrums.



2 comments:

Shalyse said...

Just want to tell you your kids are BEAUTIFUL! I love those little clips on Berlin-darling! You are such a fun mom-always doing creative things. :-)

Shelby said...

Hey girl! How cute that Finley is sticking up for his sis. I love it! hope you had a great Easter! P.S.- I like the drawing on the easel. Did Ryan do that? And, how do you like the easel? xoxo presh