Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter, Happy Spring .... Happy Everything.

I totally stole the title from my friend's blog - I just loved it when I saw/read it. So thanks Presh!

Here are some pics of our Easter Sunday. We had such a good time with my family and Finley loved having his cousins, Aunts & Uncles over to play with. Thanks to everyone who helped make it a YUMMY dinner. We hid eggs at the park across the street from our house and the kids got a kick out of finding all the eggs, but I think it was the eating of all the candy that was funnest for them. After finding all the eggs they were able to play on the slides, swings, teeter-totter, etc. I finally gave up telling Finley, "No more candy" when I realized he wasn't listening to me anyway. Oh well. It's Easter right? And once it's gone, it's gone.

I love Easter, not just because it signals the ending of Winter weather, but because it reminds me of the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He died for us that we might live again with Him and our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for my testimony of the atonement and for the knowledge and power that it brings into my life. I really tried to teach Finley this year that it was more than the Easter Bunny & candy. I don't know if any of it stuck, but I know that when I look into my children's faces & eyes, that they have the light of Christ in them. I am ever so lucky for them in my life and for the happiness that they and this gospel brings me. I hope that each of you had a wonderful Easter Sunday too.

Finn & Mr. Potato Head
(Santa forgot that he had bought this last year at Disneyland, so when he found it buried in the back of a closet, he asked the Easter Bunny to deliver it for them.)






Berlin in her pretty little Easter Dress
(Notice the lack of hair clip & shoes? Those were the first things she pulled out/took off at church. So I didn't bother to put them back on.)
Aunt Valerie & Bunny Boo
Uncle Ben & Finley racing down the slide.

Bunny Boo, Kemry, Finley, Avery
Berlin opening all of Finn's eggs & trying to snarf all the jelly beans before he noticed. By the look on her face, he beat her to them.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! Berlin looks darling in her yellow, Spring dress! Glad you got to see your family. Love the pic with all those blondies!

Shalyse said...

DANG CUTE!!! that easter basket it ginormous! :-) I want one!