Friday, December 28, 2012

Decking our Halls with Boughs of Holly

Not holly really, but I do love decorating for the holidays. This year I changed things up a little and I liked the way it turned out quite a bit. For the first time I think I have merged my holiday style with Ryan's very well. I even loved our Christmas tree (which hasn't always been the case). The kids call it the "Christmas I-spy" tree because of all the fun hodge-podge mix or ornaments. From Ryan's wooden German ornaments, his childhood hallmark ornaments, and my wooden stars, mercury glass and glitter balls, etc. - it turned out well.

We had decorations everywhere, but these two vignettes are my favorite. They are all I am leaving up past the New Year. Most everything else has come down already, and that which hasn't will be down by New Year's. I love 50's style ornaments/decor like Shiny Brite glass balls, milk glass, mica putz houses, mercury glass, glitter dust, etc. So, I guess these two displays are more representative of my style :).




Of course, I do love Ryan's stuff too. His decorations can be seen in last year's setup (I forgot to take pics of them before I put them away yesterday).

No comments: