Friday, December 28, 2012

Sledding

We love sledding with the kids in the winter. It is probably our favorite outdoor activity to do with them. With all the snow we got the past two days we decided to head up to the bowl at Tanner Park and take on the hill. It's a great hill with kids and there's never more than one other person up there. Today, we had it all to ourselves for almost 2 hours. It was awesome. Even better is going with friends  we love.










You can't tell in the above pictures, but I had 4 pairs of pants on, the outer shell being Ryan's. I could barely bend over with all the layers. One of these days I will get my own snow pants so I don't have to bundle up so much. At least I finally have my own pair of snow-boots - my first pair ever owned :)



Team work ... all the way down ... all the way up.


  

Our wonderful friends. They are so much fun!








Girl Power!


Pushing the kids uphill. Apparently they were too tired to walk. This earns Ryan the best dad award for the week.


Doggy Pile! This was Finley's favorite way to ride. He thought is was the best. Poor Ryan.


My little snow angel. She's a beauty ... even after rolling the sled and landing face first in the snow. 


She was nervous to go down on her own, but once she did it, there was no going back. She was hooked, even after carrying the sled all the way back up the hill. Tough girl!



Did you know, sleds make the best forts. Ha ha. Even after being tired from sledding, they still couldn't get enough of the snow! Love having such cute friends to play with.

No comments: