Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Loot

Looks like the kids are going to be eating candy until the cows come home this year. They had so much loot that after filling 4 gallon Ziploc bags with the good stuff, I threw away the rest. Shhhh - don't tell them!

Berlin (She-rah - the modest version) at her school party.



Her teachers are so cute. Here they are making a potion and then drinking it. It was pretty tasty!

Finley (Link from Zelda) at his school parade.

 

We missed the neighborhood Trunk or Treat last year so I promised to take them this year. I don't think we'll do it again - way TOO much candy. I'd rather just go door-to-door.


And just after getting all sorts of loot. They are SOOO happy :)  Isn't Finley such a hoot!

 
  

 

Here's the inspiration. I sewed both costumes in 1 1/2 days. Crazy ... and never again! I was so exhausted that I bagged the wings for Berlin's headband and the brown leather armbands on Fin's. Guess I should have done it all BEFORE our vacation like I had originally planned. Oh well. They turned out great and I can add those pieces later for when they dress-up. 


Our pumpkins this year. The kids drew faces on paper and then we cut them out and use that as the pattern. Finley was having a tough night (aka meltdown) and instead he found his Lego jack-o-lantern face and asked for that. So, Berlin's is the skeleton and Fin's is the scary jack-o-lantern face. 



Here they are with all their candy, right before choosing the 50 pieces they were allowed to keep. The rest was put away to use on our Gingerbread Houses next month (I borrowed this idea from a friend).

 

No comments: