Monday, July 26, 2010

dear to my heart

If you know me, you know I LOVE old homes. They have so much style, character, personality, and often times have amazing features, like paneled ceilings, built-in cabinets, and molding to die for. Seriously, when I see older homes my heart swoons. It is the main reason I will never buy a "new" or pre-fab home. They never have this kind of history or beauty.

I found this home on KSL classifieds last week while looking for a tv cabinet for the basement and my heart has been beating for it ever since.

Cobble Rock Home in Ogden Canyon (built in the 1920's)





Wouldn't this make the most amazing vacation home? In my world, yes. It's a little run down but can you imagine what a little TLC (and sweat) could do? I can. I wish it was me tasked with the job. I would happily give this home some love. And the little creek that runs thru it with all that acreage? Nice.

Sniff. Sniff. Oh that I could have it, those floors, that porch, those windows, and that built in buffet. Double sniff.

No comments: