Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finley's Robot Party



I had planned on doing a Pirate Party for Finley originally. However, knowing that this was his party, he asked (rather stated matter of factly) a few months back that his party be a Robot Party. Thus, plans changed. It was super fun to have all his friend bots join us for games, food, and lots of fun. Finley was supposed to help me make his invites, but he was a grump the day I did them, thus it ended up falling on my shoulders. In the end, I think they turned out super cute! We played musical robots, then Pin the Gauge on Rodney Robot (from the movie Robots), then we had Robot Races, a Robot Pinata, and finally wrapped it up with yummy robot cupcakes.
Finley was such a good help with all the preparations. He helped me cover lots of boxes in foil and glue on shapes that I had cut/punched out. I think we used about 200 feet of foil in the end for 1 pinata, 2 robot bodies, 1 full robot, and 8 robot goody bags. It kept us busy all week. Finley also demanded that he wear his robot pj bottoms despite having worn them to bed the past 2 nights. He's the birthday boy so who was I to object?
When I asked Finley the best part of the day was before going to bed he said playing with his friends. I'm so glad that Finley has such great little friends who play and get along so well. A big thanks to all of thm for making the party what it was.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Big Props to C for making said robot pinata and robot gift bags. So stinking cute!! K loves her robot gift bag and has taken to carring it around the house like a purse with all her little toys inside. Thanks for letting us share F's birthday with you. We had a blast! XOXO

Shalyse said...

You are such a great mom!!! What a fun birthday celebration for him, he'll always remember that!

Shelby said...

How fun! You did such a great job on the robot pinata and the gift bags, etc! You went all out, girl! Wish we were there. Finley is getting way too grown up . . . he is looking so much older. I am so glad he had a good time. That's the goal, right?!!