Monday, February 4, 2008

New Presidency


"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced that the new prophet and president of the Church will be Thomas S. Monson. His counselors are Henry B. Eyring, first counselor, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor."

I happened to be at the gym today running on the treadmill when the press conference came on officially announcing President Monson as the new Prophet with Eyring and Uchtdorf as his counselors. I almost started cheering outloud, but quickly refrained, and instead smiled from ear-to-ear, and ran with new vigor. I love our new Presidency. I know that Monson is the right man for the job right now. The Lord would never place a man at the head of His church if he wasn't right for the calling. I truly believe this and thus President Monson has my full support, love and prayers. I also love the counselors Monson was inspired to choose - especially Uchtdorf. Maybe it's that he's German and I married into a German family. But it's more than that. There is something about him that is so special and I have loved him since he was called as an apostle. I am excited for this next season in the church under new leadership. I loved Gordon B. Hinkley. He was an amazingly sweet, intelligent, and quick-witted man. I know that he helped prepare these newly called men to carry on the work that he too so loved. I am grateful for my testimony of the Gospel and the knowledge that I have that our Heavenly Father will never leave us without a Prophet, for when one Prophet is called to the other side, another will be called to take his place and stand at the head of the church on this earth. My prayers and support go out to the leaders of this Church. They are good men who sacrifice a lot as they live in the service of our Heavenly Father and Savior.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I thought of you and all my German-affiliated friends! The three of them will be awesome. Hope you had a good time at the gym. That's what I need to be doing. : )