Sunday, April 27, 2014

9 years ago ...

this little guy rocked our world!
And he's not so little anymore.



From the beginning, I knew he was a boy. I can't explain it, I just knew it.  After 14 hours of hard labor, we had to pull this little guy out of his warm abode and into this crazy world. Finley was the sweetest little guy, patient as I learned the ropes of being his mom. More than willing to just snuggle with me from the get-go. We spent a lot of the first couple years like this. Even today it melts my heart when he snuggles up with me. I love it.

One year old...

Second birthday ...

Third Birthday ...

Seriously ... what is NOT to love about this kid? He has the best smile. He was and still is such a funny kid and he has brought much humor and laughter into my life.


Fourth Birthday ...

Fifth Birthday ...

Sixth Birthday ...

Seventh Birthday ...

Eighth Birthday ...

NINE YEARS OLD!!!

He is such a good big brother, always protective of Berlin. Watching over her at home, at school - helping her up when she falls down trying to keep up with him. He always has a silly joke or story to tell her. Finley is a tender soul. Always has been. Even if he is mad at you or frustrated, if he sees that you are sad or hurting, he will take notice and do something to make you feel better. It's one of the things I love about him. He is so smart & bright, loves school, and loves to read. He loves his friends and is always angling for a playdate. One thing I really truly love about him is that he marches to the beat of his own drum. It's this quiet confidence that he has, that I envy a little bit. I didn't have that as a kid. He is not easily swayed and he stays true to himself and his belief of what is right and wrong. I hope he always stays that way.

The last few months have been hard with me going back to work. This has meant new chores for him around the house, helping more with the pets, having less play dates with his buddies, and putting up with my own lack of patience, etc. He has been a trooper through it all. Ryan and I always comment on how glad we are that we have the kids we do. It's the truth. I am so happy that this guy came into our family. Ryan and I were in love with him the second he came into this world and even though he knows how to push my buttons, I will always love my snuggle buddy. This little guy opened my heart in ways I never thought possible, and has taught me more about myself than anyone else. 

No comments: