Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Do Monsters Look Like?

After my intriguing little post the other day I've received many funny emails & phone calls.
No, we are not expecting a baby. Phew!

The big news, and I do mean MONSTER big news is that Ryan is now a published illustrator. Ryan has been illustrating a children's book (written by a good friend from high school) for the past few years - like back when we were dating. This year it was finally picked up by a small publisher in California, and it was released this past month (mid-September). It can be purchased at Barnes & Nobles and on Amazon.

What Do Monsters Look Like?


To view more pages & full summary of the book, click here.

Needless to say, we've been celebrating these past few days ...

5 comments:

Our Family of 6 said...

That was actually one of my guesses, but I guess I wasn't fast enough getting my guess in to you before you made your announcement. I'm so happy that it is finally published. I know that all of you have been waiting a long time for it. Congrats to Ryan!!!

Jen Howick said...

HOW FUN!!! That's seriously so cool! Way to go!

Mama Bear said...

That is soooooo very AWESOME. Congrats Ryan - I am sure the book is amazing. Can't wait to see it (and read it) of course!!

Shelby said...

YEAH! I was beginning to think some kind of change with Ryan's creative talent, just didn't nail it down to what! How exciting. congrats. Look forward to getting it!

hoopesfam5 said...

OMGoodness...YAY!! This is so exciting for Ryan. You know, I was thinking about this a little while back, wondering what happened with those AMAZING illustrations I saw back when I lived with you guys (man...that seems like an eternity ago). Guess I know one of the books the girls will get for their birthday this year!! Congrats Ryan!!