Thursday, July 12, 2007

Family, Friends & Freedom

I am so grateful for the freedom that we have in this country. For our founding fathers who came before us and paved the way, and for those who continue to serve, honor, and protect the freedoms that we have - I thank thee. I love this country.

Our family celebrated the 4th of July week with family and friends. My parents came up from California to bring my youngest sibling (Emily) to BYU and to attend my mom's family reunion. Luckily we were able to meet up with them at the Bear Lake cabin afterwards.

On Saturday morning (before the troops arrived) we went on the boat with Ryan's cousins. We had a blast riding the tube. Even Finley liked it for about 2 seconds until he realized what was going on. After that he was all screams - not "having a blast" screams either. He was a trooper for trying it out.



Later that day we took my parents, Emily, and Julie (and her little family) on the Limber Pine Trail. As we pulled up, the sky was clouding over and thunderclaps sounded but we continued on. Sure enough the minute we finised the hike and stepped onto the parking lot the heavens opened up and pelted us with rain and let loose the lightening strikes. We were very lucky (blessed). We even lost power at the cabin for a couple hours (along with the whole town).



Sunday was gorgeous and we headed down to the beach for a day of sand and sun. Then we headed back to clean up and go home. Though short, it was a great weekend with my family.

No comments: