Friday, June 14, 2013

2nd Grade Puppet Show

All second graders at Rosecrest put on a puppet show each year. Kids in each class are divided into small groups. These groups work together to create characters and write a play. This year, I was lucky enough to be involved in this project in Finn's classroom. It was so much fun to see the kids write their plays and be a part of the puppet creation process. I helped with the paper-macheing of puppet heads, painting them, and with my sewing skills I was able to bring their pictures to life. Ryan even painted all the faces on them. It was a long process, but a lot of fun. Here are the puppets that I helped make.

 

 

 

 


 

 
 
Here is a short video of Finley's group. They all turned out wonderful and the kids did a great job working.


No comments: