Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Date night with Finn

Ryan and Berlin went to the RSL game on Saturday so Finley and I got to spend some time together. He asked to go to Menchies (our favorite place for fro-yo) and I was more than happy to oblige. I had so much fun talking to him about school, girls, his friends, and just life. 

There were 2 boys that he recognized from one of the higher grades at school. Their table was covered in tons of sample cups and they kept going in and getting more - each cup overflowing with all the flavors. Finley asked me why they were doing that. In his mind wasn't it being dishonest because they weren't buying anything? I said yes - the samples are to help you decide what flavor you want to buy, not to just score free yogurt (which is what they were doing). These boys were so proud of their resourcefulness and were gloating to the rest of us patrons outside. All I can say is that I am so glad they weren't my kids. Finley summed it up best when he asked me, "Where are their parents?" Exactly - where were their parents? Just another example of what a good kid Finley is and how aware of right and wrong he is. I loved my date-night with him. 


Afterwards we went shopping for a samurai sword for his Halloween costume. He was one happy kid after we found what we were looking for at Big Lots. Success!

No comments: