Monday, August 6, 2012

Roller Coaster

My sister Val's work party was at Lagoon this past weekend and since they gave her 3 extra tickets, she invited us along. I love Roller Coasters. Ryan loves Roller Coasters. So, you'd think that our children would have some ounce off thrill-seeker within. However, at this stage it appears not. My kids are tentative, cautious, and more than content to sit on the sidelines. There are times in life where I am grateful they are like this. At other times, I find myself wishing they were more adventurous. I know they are still young at 5 and 7, but I hope as they get older they become a little more daring. I want to take them on Roller Coasters and hear them giggle and scream with joy.

That being said, our casual, slow-paced day at Lagoon was great. It was the first time our kids have been to Lagoon. Just some fun pics of the rides:







 




This is the fastest ride that Finley agreed to go on. He was so cute and he said he liked it, but I couldn't get him to go on it a second time with me. Darn it!


 Berlin's favorite ride was the Dragonfly swings.


 

Finley's favorite ride was Rattlesnake Rapids. All four of us went the first time. Berlin did NOT want to get wet so she wasn't happy at all. But it was fun. Finley wanted to go again (of course, after our clothes finally dried) so cool Aunt Val went with him while Berlin and I took pictures.


Just finished the first round...



 

Right after getting off - soaked to the bone. I HATE wearing wet clothes. Such a gross feeling. Good thing it was hot and it only took a couple hours to dry out.


Valerie and Finley the second time around.

  
 


And can I just say how pathetic the train/zoo ride is at Lagoon? Seriously, I have never seen such beautiful animals (Bengal Tigers, Panthers, Lions) look so pathetic and depressed. Lagoon needs to provide better habits or send the animals elsewhere. Small metal cages just don't cut it. Definitely the most depressing part of the day. Good thing these kiddos were sitting across from me. Cute little buggers!



The kids LOVED Val's work party in the pavilion. They were amazed that 1: everything was FREE, 2: that they had a candy bar with huge bags for the stuffing (we will be eating candy for weeks), 3: free face-painting, 4: an all you can eat dinner with unlimited ice-cream bars and soda refills, and finally 5: the children's raffle - where Berlin won a small prize. Yes - they were in heaven!

Berlin getting her face painted.


 


My sister is great. The kids just love being with her. She is so kind to always think of them and she makes them feel like a million bucks. We are so lucky to have her live nearby. It was a very fun day indeed.

1 comment:

Jen Howick said...

my kids favorite ride is Rattlesnake Rapids as well. I agree, walking around in wet clothes is not fun! Looks like a great time though!