Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Advent

I love when I get projects done that have been staring me down for a while. And by a while, I mean a year now. Remember the PB advent calendar that I blogged about here in 2010?
 


Well, I finally got my version done last night - just in time for December 1st!

And I have to admit, I am more than pleased with how it turned out. The picture doesn't do it justice (cruddy  lighting as usual), but it looks really great on our kitchen dining room wall.  

Finley gets to choose the odd numbered days, and Berlin does the even ones. Inside each pail is a little treat/toy for them. I also decided to do the "ABC's of Christmas" activity found in this month's Friend magazine, so with each day there is a letter of the Alphabet with a word and scripture about Christmas. We will read them each night with the kids before bedtime. I am really excited for this part. 

The best news of all...it cost less than $15 (not including the surprises inside)

Buckets - DollarTree 3pk/$1 (I bought 9 packs for 27 buckets total)

Frame - used to be the frame on the picture over our fireplace (which we found in the barn). I have been saving it for something special and this was it!

Paper embellishments - leftover scrap-paper

Vinyl Numbers - my awesome hubby cut them for me, but I want to say the vinyl was a couple bucks.

So happy to have it done!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

wow. you rock girl! love and miss you. : )

Jen Howick said...

super cute!