Thursday, October 11, 2007

Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?

Ok, so it's not a cookie jar, but rather the counter. And yes, it was Finley. I made Halloween sugar cookies for a playdate. After we were to fed the ducks at Sugarhouse Park, the kids were going to decorate them with sprinkles, etc. Anyway, after getting Finley dressed I went to get Berlin and get her ready for the park when it got really quiet downstairs. I walked downstairs and low and behold he's in the corner of the kitchen stuffing cookies into his mouth as fast as he can. He looked SOOOO guilty, but all he said was, "Mmmmm ... this bat tastes yummy!." Then I noticed the pile of crumbs on the floor and asked him if he'd had more than one. He said yes as he proceeded to grab a moon cookie. So I counted the remaining cookies. Out of 36, there were 32 left. So unless Ryan had some on his way out to work, that means Finley is guilty of snarfing down (literally) 4 cookies for breakfast. It was actually really funny and I loved it. When it comes to food and self-control, he obviously takes after me.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

cute! I wish I was the one having the playdate . . . not only for the cookies, but the good company. I have fun memories of UT with you. Hopefully someday we can have a little more of a break and do some girl time like we use to 10 years back!! xoxo presh