Thursday, December 5, 2013

Tis' the Season

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. Sitting by the tree, snuggled under blankets, drinking hot cocoa, watching movies with the kids ... life doesn't get any better! 

The day after Thanksgiving, the tree came up. I had to re-string the artificial tree with new lights as they stopped working. I guess after 9 years that is to be expected. Note to self: wear gloves when re-stringing lights. My hands looked like they were in a catfight - and the cat won. The kids did a great job putting the ornaments on the tree. It is so much fun to talk about each ornament. Alot of them are from Ryan's childhood, picked up on past trips to Germany, or given to us by very dear friends. Some people like their tree color-coordinated and all fancy. Ours is hodgey-podge. Everything on it brings to mind an event or memory. It is a happy tree and I love it. Here she is in all her glory ...


We don't do Elf on the Shelf. I tend to be in this camp: Elf on the Shelf Haters  However, we do have 2 vintage elves that are from Ryan's childhood that we tuck into the tree. They stay there the whole time and I don't have to do any crazy crap, like making marshmallow messes, cleaning up spilled flour, and all the other lame stuff other moms make their elf do.


Creepy & wonderful all in one.

No comments: