Friday, November 19, 2010

welcome to the real world

Ryan and I are now officially part of the real world. My old Motorola Razor phone (yes, it was that old and I had gotten it used on ebay originally) died a while ago and I've been borrowing a spare phone from a friend (Thanks Jen!). 

After much hesitation, deliberation, anxiety attacks (am I the only one who has these when it comes to choosing a new phone?), serious doubting, we grabbed the bull by the horns and upgraded both of our phones to smartphones this past week and added UNLIMITED text and web to our plan. And I have to say that for all my resistance to doing this  over the past year or so (mostly due to cheap-o me not wanting to pay the monthly plan costs), it's awesome and I love it! 


My new baby:

(MyTouch Slide 3G photo credit)



Ryan's new baby:
(LG Optimus T photo credit)

And the BEST part is that we scored TWO  $100 Wal*mart gift cards just for upgrading, and the upgrade costs for both phones totaled less than $50 ($48 for mine, $0.97 cents for Ryan's). Can't beat that. Seriously, if you are in the market for a new phone or an upgrade, head over to Wal*mart. Their $100 gift-card promo (per smart phone upgrade) ends the 25th of November.

So, in the words of my ever-so-wise sister val, here's to enjoying our new life with the SUPER fun gadgets.

3 comments:

Sugar & Spice said...

I can text you now???!!!! WOOHOO!
Now THAT is reason to celebrate! :-)

Marcus Lane said...

well well well....welcome to the year 2010!! ha, congrats on the new purchases!!

Jen Howick said...

welcome to the world of the slide! so fun! unfortunately, that awesome cover I told you about, has also broken. sigh!