Monday, September 21, 2009

Grandpa Peterson

Today we honored the life of my Grandpa Peterson. He passed away earlier this week and the funeral services were this morning. He was just one week away from his 97th birthday. After all these years, he's once again with his wife, my Grandmother who passed away in 1982.

I am so grateful for the memories that I have of him. He was a wonderful grandpa who loved life, the outdoors, serving others, and teaching (he was an educator most of adult life). He could do anything from plumbing, electrical, carpentry work (he built his house from ground up), painting landscapes & nature scenes. You name it he could do it - even can food & sew. The things I will miss most are his tight bear hugs, his blue work coveralls, his perfectly combed & slicked hair, the stories he used to tell me about what I was like when I was little (he told me I was always a stubborn kid & opinionated - just like a Peterson should be), and the Howdy-doo that greeted me whenever I saw him

No comments: